Matthias joined the lab as a Ph.D. student in March 2021. He studied Medical Engineering Science at the University of Lübeck and Computational and Data Science at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena. During his Master’s, he was a member of the Climate Informatics Group at the German Aerospace Center. He is working on spatially resolved single-cell data and uncertainty propagation in single-cell analysis.
Supervised Student Theses
- PyPSupertime: Scalable analysis of ordinal single-cell RNA-sequencing data, 2023
- Comprehensive Cell Type Compositional Analysis of Pediatric Sarcoma by Single Cell RNA Sequencing, 2023
- Reimplementation and Extension of CellCnn Using the PyTorch Framework, 2022
- Method Development for Classification of Patient Outcome Based on T Cell Receptor Sequences, 2022
- Machine Learning for Translational Single-Cell Biology, Tutorial, WS21/22
- Structure and Systems Bioinformatics, Tutorial, SS21